UB coaches and faculty welcome your child to participate in a host of youth camps offered during the summer on the UB campuses. No matter what your child’s skill level—from beginner to advanced—there are opportunities for them to learn, play and make new friends while getting personal attention from faculty and Division I coaches. Be sure to check back as additional summer camps will be added.
- One-to-one tutoring: The Center for Literacy and Reading Instruction (CLaRI) is offering individualized summer reading and writing sessions for WNY children. Each week for five weeks, a certified NYS reading specialist will work one-on-one with each child, providing personalized reading and writing instruction to meet the child’s needs. Sessions are 60 minutes in length and it is recommended that children receive a minimum of one session per week. Sessions will run July 7 – August 9, Monday through Thursday evenings (4:30 to 7:30 p.m.) and Saturdays (9 to 11 a.m.).
- Literacy, Science, Technology & Drama Camp: The Center for Literacy and Reading Instruction is offering a week-long summer camp opportunity for students entering grades 2-6. Children will work in small groups, with teachers to investigate real-world problems and develop and evaluate viable solutions using the tools and texts common to scientists and creative thinkers. Children will engage in hands-on activities related to science, reading, writing, digital literacies, drama and theater. This week-long camp will run from August 4 - August 8, 2014 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily).
- Field Ecology Adventures, July 28 – August 1: This program, for students ages 8-12, focuses on environmental themes such as earth awareness, wildlife studies, habitat analysis, aquatic/terrestrial ecology and survival skills. Students will participate in outdoor hikes, games, activities and demonstrations that will be conducted at both the UB North Campus and at 2 field trip locations.
- Leadership Communication Camp for National Honor Society Students, August 6-8 This 3-day workshop for high school students in the National Honor Society includes hands-on interactive training focused on the key skills associated with effective leadership. Through a series of indoor and outdoor exercises, interactive discussions, and live-action assessments participants will examine essential self-presentation techniques, group dynamics and how to use them, and core interpersonal skills leaders use in high-achieving teams and work groups.
- Summer String Institute, June 27 – July 2 Intermediate and advanced strings students from middle school level to young professionals will work intensively to improve their skills in solo, chamber music and orchestral playing. The workshop will include hourly lessons, chamber music coaching, master classes, contemporary music workshop, string orchestra rehearsals, faculty recital, student recitals and string orchestra concert.
- Chinese Bridge Summer Camp in China, July 17 – August 1 This is an incredible opportunity for qualified high school students to spend two weeks in China, learning the language and culture. During the camp, students will travel to different provinces and cities for Chinese language classes and group cultural experiences. Space is limited to 30 participants and the application deadline is March 9.
- Experience China Summer Camp: This 2-week program is designed for K-12 students who are interested in learning Chinese language, practicing Chinese art and handicrafts, and experiencing Chinese culture and traditions. The last day of the camp will feature students’ performances in a culminating showcase for classmates, family, and community members.
- Session 1: July 7 – 18
- Session 2: August 11 – 22
- Early Childhood Research Center (ECRC) Summer Camp: Monday through Friday between May 13th and August 2nd the ECRC will provide outdoor play and learning activities for children ages 2 - 9 years from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Swimming, dance and yoga will be provided weekly. Please call Corinne or Kelly for more information at 645-2379.
- UB Athletics Camps and Clinics
- UB Child Care Center Summer Camp (for 5 – 8 year olds)