UB coaches and faculty welcome your child to participate in a host of youth camps offered during the summer on the UB campuses. No matter what your child’s skill level—from beginner to advanced—there are opportunities for them to learn, play and make new friends while getting personal attention from faculty and Division I coaches. Be sure to check back as additional summer camps will be added.
- Bio Basic Training: This summer bootcamp experience, held July 7 - 10, will prepare entering students for rigorous first-semester introductory biology coursework.
- CLaRI UB Summer Camp: A summer camp of fun and education! During the weeks of June 24-28 and July 8–12, CLaRI is hosting a day camp for children going into grades 2 through 6. Children will work in small groups with certified teachers and engage in hands-on and enriching literacy-based activities each day. The camp is being held on UB’s North Campus. Cost per child is $300 per week, with a 10% sibling discount. Please contact CLaRI for more information or to register.
- CLaRI Reading Maintenance Program: Are you worried that your child’s reading abilities may fall during the summer? Do you know which books your child should be reading this summer? CLaRI’s reading maintenance program may be able to help. CLaRI is offering a 5-week summer maintenance program, running from the second week in July (7/8/13) through the second full week in August (8/10/13). During these 5 weeks, children will come to CLaRI once a week, for one-on-one, 30-minute reading sessions, with a certified reading teacher. Each session, the teacher will listen to your child read and compile appropriate “at-home” books and literacy-based activities. Children going into Kindergarten through fifth grade are welcome. Sessions will run Monday - Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Parent cost of $150 for all 5 weeks includes all reading materials and activities. Please contact CLaRI for more information or to register.
One-to-one tutoring: The Center for Literacy and Reading Instruction (CLaRI) is offering individualized summer reading and writing sessions for WNY children. Each week for five weeks, a certified NYS reading specialist will work one-on-one with each child, providing personalized reading and writing instruction to meet the child's needs. Sessions are 60 minutes in length and it is recommended that children receive a minimum of one session per week. Sessions will run July 7- August 9, Monday through Thursday evenings (4:30-7:30pm) and Saturdays (9:00-11:00am).
Literacy, Science, Technology & Drama Camp: The Center for Literacy and Reading Instruction is offering a week-long summer camp opportunity for students entering grades 3-6. Children will work in small groups, with teachers to investigate real-world problems and develop and evaluate viable solutions using the tools and texts common to scientists and creative thinkers. Children will engage in hands-on activities related to science, reading, writing, digital literacies, drama and theater. This week-long camp will run from August 4 - August 8, 2014 (9:00am to 4:00pm daily).
- College of Arts and Sciences Camps
- Summer Strings
Intermediate and advanced strings students from middle school level to young professionals will work intensively to improve their skills in solo, chamber music and orchestral playing. The workshop will include hourly lessons, chamber music coaching, master classes, contemporary music workshop, string orchestra rehearsals, faculty recital, student recitals and string orchestra concert. Click here for more information.
- Chinese Bridge Summer Camp in China, July 17-August 1
This is an incredible opportunity for qualified high school students to spend two weeks in China, learning the language and culture. During the camp, students will travel to different provinces and cities for Chinese language classes and group cultural experiences. Space is limited to 30 participants and the application deadline is March 9. More information can be found here.
- Field Ecology Adventures, July 28-August 1
Field Ecology Adventures, for students ages 8-12, focuses on environmental themes such as earth awareness, wildlife studies, habitat analysis, aquatic/terrestrial ecology and survival skills. Students will participate in outdoor hikes, games, activities and demonstrations that will be conducted at both the UB North Campus and at 2 selected field trip locations. To register click here.
- Leadership Communication Camps, August 6-8 (NHS students), August 13-15 (General)
These 3-day workshops for high school students are hands-on interactive training programs focused on the key skills associated with effective leadership. Through a series of indoor and outdoor exercises, interactive discussions, and live-action assessments participants will examine essential self-presentation techniques, group dynamics and how to use them, and core interpersonal skills leaders use in high-achieving teams and work groups. Click here to register for the General Session or National Honors Society Session.
- Summer Strings
- ECRC Summer Camp: Monday through Friday between May 13th and August 2nd the ECRC will provide outdoor play and learning activities for children ages 2 - 9 years from 9 a.m. - 12 noon. Swimming, dance and yoga will be provided weekly. Please call Corinne or Kelly for more information at 645-2379.
- UB Athletics Camps and Clinics
- UB Child Care Center Summer Camp (for 5 – 8 year olds)