Enrolling in Classes
Registration for summer session campus-based and online courses begins on March 6, 2017. Follow the instructions below to enroll. Enrollment in study abroad programs requires specialized application and registration procedures.
Please select one of the following that best represents you:
Current UB Students
If you were registered for the 2017 spring semester:
- View course options in the HUB Student Center.
- Register for your courses through HUB (through MyUB). Register early for best course availability. There is a maximum number of credits UB students can take during summer session. Please see the Registrar’s website for details.
- Please contact the Office of Student Accounts office for any questions about summer tuition and fees.
- Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for any questions about summer financial aid.
Visiting Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students attending other colleges and universities may enroll in summer session classes as undergraduate non-matriculating students.
Check with your academic advisor at your home campus about the applicability of the courses you select for your degree program. You may also seek assistance with an advisor from Student Advising Services.
Follow these steps to enroll:
- Registration for summer sessions begins March 6, 2017. View course options in the Summer Class Schedule.
- Learn how to enroll in UB classes as a non-degree student.
Visiting Graduate Students
Grad students attending other colleges and universities may enroll in summer session classes as graduate non-matriculating students.Students who would like to enroll in courses offered by the Graduate School of Education (CSEP, ELP, LAI, or LIS) please complete the Graduate School of Education non-matriculating student form.
Graduate students must first check with the appropriate Graduate Academic Program to determine eligibility.
Accepted Fall 2017 Students (New and Transfer)
Congratulations on your acceptance to UB! One of the best ways to get a good start on your fall studies is to take summer courses. Our summer academic offerings may enable you to complete pre-requisite and general education courses which can ease your academic year schedule. Please follow these steps:
- Complete all steps in the Orientation process. If you already started working with an advisor/advising unit inform him/her that you wish to enroll in summer classes. If you haven’t had any contact with an advisor, check here for information on who to contact (advisor assignment is based upon your intended major and/or affiliation with a special program.) After a discussion about your academic plan, your advisor will request online access for you to enroll in summer courses.
*If you are an international student you will need to complete the Non-Degree Summer application form. If you have any questions regarding the form please contact the Office of International Admissions.
- Register for summer 2017 courses:
- Important Summer Dates: Be sure to familiarize yourself with critical summer registration and financial liability deadlines posted on the UBThisSummer site, Student Calendars and on your schedule in HUB.
High School Students
Exceptional high school students looking to get a head start and earn college credits while completing their high school requirements may be eligible for UB’s Advanced College Credit Program.
Re-Entering UB Students (Undergraduate)
If you were once enrolled as a UB undergraduate student and are interested in summer session courses, you would enroll in UB classes as a non-degree student.
If you wish to re-enter the university in fall semester, you will need to fill out a Re-Entry Application (PDF). Please submit the Re-Entry Application directly to the UB Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Re-Entering UB Students (Graduate)
Contact your academic department to express interest and find out department-specific steps for registration.
Non-UB International Students
Non-UB International Students interested in taking summer courses can visit the UB Office of International Admissions website.
60 and Over Auditors Program
Are you 60 years or older and interested in taking a course? Our 60 and Over Auditors Program offers auditing of courses at UB free of charge!